Teacher Credentialing Support
YCOE provides support for teacher induction, previously known as BTSA (Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment), through the Yolo-Solano Center for Teacher Credentialing (YSCTC).
Currently, Yolo-Solano CTC Induction Program is a regional consortium comprised of ten (10) TK-12 educational institutions, a number of private and charter schools, and university partners located in Yolo and Solano counties, serving over 250 teachers. The Program is accredited to provide the following credential programs:
- Multiple Subject Clear Credential
- Single Subject Clear Credential
- Education Specialist Clear Credential, including Level II, six authorization areas
- Designated Subjects: Career Technical Education, Preliminary and Clear Credential Programs
In addition to supporting induction candidates, YCOE is also a partner with YSCTC Intern Teacher Program, an alternative certification pathway for individuals interested in entering the teaching profession.
Presently, YSCTC offers an Intern Teacher Program for:
- Education Specialist (Mild/Moderate)
- Education Specialist (Moderate/Severe)
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credentials
Note that an intern teacher who is employed at YCOE pays a lower tuition rate. For more information on tuition rates, see YSCTC Intern Program Tuition.
The YCOE Staff Coordinator, Teacher Credentialing Support, works with YCOE induction candidates, interns from any CTC-approved intern programs, and their support providers to facilitate program completion. If you are an induction candidate, intern, or support provider and have any questions or concerns, please contact Mike Jackson.
If you are a credentialed YCOE staff member and have questions about your credential, please contact YCOE Human Resources Department.