Skip to main content




medical Medical Services

Family and Community Resources

Child Care Assistance for Essential Workers 

Guidance from the California Department of Education (CDE) and the California Department of Social
Services (CDSS) will now provide child care assistance for essential workers. If you would like to find out if you are eligible, you can visit the Children's Home Society of California website. Parents can also search through a directory of available providers

Families Facing Eviction

Contact: Empower Yolo  530-661-6336

Families facing eviction can talk with a client navigator to discuss their options.  Right now there is a moratorium on evictions and Empower Yolo can help educate families about this moratorium. 

Undocumented Workers

Health and Human Services Agency

Contact: Esmeralda Garza,, (530)379-3465

Esmeralda Garza is an Agricultural Worker Coordinator and has been tasked as the key contact to assist all individuals including undocumented individuals with the resources available.

From Ms. Garza: If not already on county aid, they may qualify for cash aid and food stamps if they have children who have satisfactory immigration status.  Most parents in this situation do not reach out for help due to fear of Public Charge, but they are most likely eligible if they meet income guidelines. I can get them started with this process. The sooner the better as aid is prorated for the month based on the date of application. But you are right, most resources out there are for legal residents and it is difficult to find direct cash assistance for undocumented individuals.

Undocumented Workers in California COVID Resources

Resources for Undocumented Immigrants and their Families During COVID-19

Undocumented Workers’ Employment Rights

COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Californians 

Undocumented Workers Nationwide COVID Resources

National Spanish lifeline 24/7 is 1-888-628-9454

Homeless (McKinney Vento) Funding

Contact: Mariah Ernst-Collins;; 530.315.4669

California Department of Education has approved the use of homeless funding to assist with motel vouchers, rental assistance, utility costs, and food support. In order to do this, all community resources must be exhausted prior to accessing funds. If you have families who are identified as homeless or you have families who are at immediate risk of losing stable housing and they can benefit from the identified assistance, reach out to Mariah or, even better, to your district’s Foster/Homeless liaison.  Mariah is in regular contact with all of the liaisons.