County Superintendent - Dr. Jorge O. Ayala
The mission of the Yolo County Office of Education is to meet current and future needs of Yolo County by serving as a regional resource to students, parents, school districts, agencies, and businesses through collaborative leadership, support and services.
Organization Charts (all files in PDF)
The Office of the County Superintendent of Schools
- Provides certain services that cannot efficiently or economically be operated at the local school district level.
- Offers local school districts assistance in coordinating instructional and pupil personnel efforts through the provision of educational specialists, implementation, and dissemination of innovative programs.
- Assures legal compliance to the Education Code and various other governmental regulations.
- Develops a strong educational leadership role in public education in Yolo County through identification and analysis of changing conditions and advocates development of educationally sound programs for responding to those changes.
- Provides procedural consistency and judicial regularity for students, districts and staff.
- Facilitates the development of consortia and other cooperative relationships with the public and private non-profit agencies, universities, businesses, and community-based and professional organizations.
- Coordinates and operates specialized services meeting unique needs where county offices are best able to address them effectively or efficiently.
- Increases educational options and services for high-risk students.
SUPERINTENDENT'S GOALS FOR 2013-14
1) Student services and program administration
--- Providing quality outcomes for those we serve.
--- Enhancing resources through partnerships
--- Create, implement and monitor strategies, action plans and workgroups that will address
the climate survey results.
3) Planning and evaluation
--- Bringing clarity and agility to our work
4) Organizational infrastructure
--- Preparing for opportunities and challenges
--- Improving self and the organization
6) Policies and procedures
--- Providing guidelines and parameters
--- Creating conducive environments that are positive and productive
COE has initiated three focus areas in addressing how we do business and where we will go as an organization. The three themes are Leadership, Accountability, and Capacity-Building. To transform a visionary plan into action requires leadership. Leaders need to be accountable for the institutional vision and action taken. And the element that defines the degree that the first two focus areas are met is the outcome of capacity-building of the organization in its service and its intellectual capital. The organization will continue to develop these three focus areas in its planning, work, and evaluation in the 2012-13 year.
SP = Superintendent Policy BP = Board Policy OP = Operating Procedure
AR = Administrative Regulation E = Exhibit
SP 0411.00: Prohibited Harassment Policy - Employees
BP/SP 0412.00: Uniform Complaint Procedures
E 0412.00: Complaint Form
OP 0412.00: Filing, Investigation and Resolutions Procedures
Flowchart for Complaint Process
BP/SP 0416.00: Copyrighted Materials and Software
OP 0416.00: Use of Copyrighted Materials
BP/SP 0441.00: Tobacco-Free Environment - Employees
OP 0441.00: Tobacco-Free Environment - Employees
BP/SP 0442.00: Drug- and Alcohol-Free Environment - Employees
OP 0442.00: Maintaining a Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace - Employees
E 0442.00: Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace - Administrative Bulletin
BP 1150.00: Awards
SP 1240.00: Volunteers
OP 1240.00: Using Classroom Volunteers
E 1240.01: Guidelines for Volunteers
SP 1330.00: Public Use of Conference Center and School Facilities
SP 1330.1: Community Relations
SP 4020.00: Weapons and Dangerous Instruments - Employees
SP 4040.00: Employee Use of Technology
AR 4040.00: Employee Use of Technology
SP 4133.00: Travel/Conference - Employees
E 4133.00: Exhibits to SP 4133.00
SP 4161.8: Family Care and Medical Leave - Employees
OP 4161.8: Family Care and Medical Leave - Employees
BP 5131.2: Bullying