The Information and Technology Services - Internal is the program that provides support and assistance to Yolo County Office of Education internal programs and organizational-wide issues.
Specifically, support is provided to the organization in the following areas:
- Computer Hardware Standards
- Computer Software Standards
- Computer Hardware Support
- Computer Software Support
- Computer and peripheral maintenance support
- Network Design and Management
- Network Support
- Electronic Mail
- Intranet Services
- Office Automation
- Cost effective negotiation of site licenses, software licenses, and hardware
- Guidance on the effective use of technology
- YCOE Web Site
- Training of Internal Staff
District / Regional Technology Services
Students and parents directly served by YCOE, YCOE and district teachers and administrators as well as agencies associated with YCOE need ready access to a variety of information and training services. This information ranges from general subject matter, occupational information, academic performance and school records through technology, computer software, community resources, fiscal data and government requirements. As funds become available and agreements with county school districts are established, network facilities are expanded. It will gradually be extended to allow the full range of Internet based instruction, "full motion" video and multi-media capabilities.
As funds become available and agreements with county school districts are established, network facilities are expanded. It will gradually be extended to allow the full range of Internet based instruction, "full motion" video and multi-media capabilities.
The Information and Technology Services department provides information services and technology support to our clients as defined in our mission.
Services provided by the ITS department are as follows:
- COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SUPPORT: evaluation and recommendations, specifications, acquisition, coordination, replacement and maintenance, up-to-date price list and ordering information. Contracts are negotiated to provide discounts to clients through county-wide economics of scale.
- SYSTEMS AND PROGRAMMING SUPPORT: analysis, design, implementation, follow-up, modification, state of the art solutions.
- USER TRAINING AND DOCUMENTATION: scheduled classes, individualized assistance, continual refresher classes, presentations, user manuals and guides, processing notifications and procedures.
- DATA PROCESSING PRODUCTION SUPPORT: daily, monthly, fiscal and calendar cycles; on-line user support.
- ADMINISTRATIVE APPLICATIONS: students records, grade reporting/transcripts, attendance accounting/daily period, enrollment analysis, class scheduling, test scoring/notice of failures, financial records, general ledger, payroll/ personnel, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing/warehouse orders /inventories, budgeting/year-end close.
- EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE: coordination of all maintenance agreements for YCOE and local school districts.
- NETWORK ASSISTANCE, PLANNING, MANAGEMENT: assistance designing, planning, and maintaining high speed networks.