The primary role of Business, Management Advisory Services (BMAS) is: to act as the intermediary agency between the California Department of Education (as well as federal, local and other state agencies) and the local school districts in Yolo County; to provide a wide range of services to the school districts and the County Schools Business Services department of the YCOE. In addition, BMAS provides information to the public as required.
BMAS, under the direct Supervision of the Associate Superintendent of Administrative Services, has the responsibility for monitoring and providing assistance to school districts regarding the following activities:
- AB1200/AB2756: Fiscal monitoring of school districts to ensure fiscal integrity.
- AUDITING: AB3627 audit resolution, oversight and follow-up, administration of internal audit, maintenance of records and information for official audits.
- DEBT SERVICE MANAGEMENT: Certificates of participation, property tax collection, local bonding credit data, TRANS.
- FACILITIES PLANNING: Assist the County School Business Services department and the school districts with the planning of facilities inlcuding the potential impact these facilities will have financially in future years.
- FINANCIAL PLANNING: Cost analysis, fiscal analysis, fiscal management, budget development, long-range fiscal planning, revenue estimations, cash flow analysis, budget control, creative financing, and cash management.
- ACCOUNTING: Governmental funds, proprietary funds, fiduciary funds, internal controls, student body funds, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll reporting, retirement reporting, fringe benefits, inventory/fixed assets, general ledger, and the Standardized Account Code Structure (SACS) system.
- REPORTING: Local, state, and federal financial and statistical reports.
- RECORDS RETENTION AND DATA ARCHIVAL: Maintain long term record storage for both County Office of Education and applicable school district data.
- DISTRICT PERSONNNEL MANAGEMENT: Provide the reporting and maintenance of records for all statutory deductions and retirement data, individual earning records, and group insurance deductions for all school districts and the Yolo County Office of Education.
- DISTRICT LIASON: BMAS acts as liaison between the California Department of Education and the school districts and maintains all records relating to issuance of Private School Affidavits.
BMAS considers our clients to be the sole reason for our existence as a department of the Yolo County Office of Education. Our primary goal is to "Meet the Needs of Those We Serve" in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
|##Need YCOE Image## ||Summer Refund Pay Data - Click Here |
Beginning in July of 2008, the methodology of processing payroll will conform to the changes in federal tax laws. The Summer Refund Pay page has paycheck caluclators and a FAQ document that we hopy you will find useful.
District Procedures Manual - Click Here
Business, Management Advisory Services (BMAS) of the Yolo County Office of Education is proud to present the second edition of our District Procedures Manual.
This manual is designed to assist district Financial, Payroll and Accounts Payable Users. It contains processes, procedures and forms that are required by the Yolo County Office of Education in the areas of Payroll/Retirement, Financial/General Ledger and Accounts Payable.
Each procedure has been written so that it identifies the purpose of the procedure or form, who should use the procedure or form, and why the procedure or form should be used.
We hope you will integrate this manual into your day to day operational files and that you find it useful and informative when requesting services provided by our department.